Sunday 7 October 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday...



A busy week photographically so I thought I might as well see if I could make some of the pics I took fit in with the Scavenger Hunt (not the right way to do it but needs must etc...).

Gate shadow
Shadow...
A beautiful bright, crisp autumn day
in Cadeby, Leicestershire.

Alley...
...and another one for Shadow just because...
Slightly less crisp and bright this one;
I was out with my camera in the fog this morning
and found an atmospherically shadowy alley.

Key...
Not much else to say!
This is the only one from the archives.

Fiona Harrison Smile...
A shot from Friday's photo shoot with Fiona Harrison.

Squash
Unedited...
I got six squash/pumpkins from the farm shop yesterday.
I was a very happy bunny about this.

Berries
Spice... 
Ok well spice was one that evaded me,
so instead here are some spicy autumn colours...

Squirrel

9 comments:

Rainey said...

Beautiful shots! I love all of them, especially the little squirrel shot.

Laloofah said...

I don't see why the Scavenger Hunt's milieu can't be your photo files! :-)
I love unusual and pretty gates, so I was smitten right, well, out of the gate (*snork*) with that first photo. Got a bit of a "Jack the Ripper" shiver with the second one, and ADORE the mysterious key and its door! There has to be a story behind it! Where is that door located?
Your tint job on Fiona's photo is remarkable, one would never guess her dress is vivid green! I like this soft-hued version a lot.
But it's your last three photos that are my favorite! Wonderful pumpkins and squashes, artfully arranged; magnificent berries and bejeweled spider's web (my #1 favorite), and adorable squirrel! All so evocative of the season. Loved this post!

Kaili Williams said...

Seriously beautiful! Gorgeous shots.

Barbara said...

Your shadowy alley looks like a perfect setting for murder most foul! I love your new furry model in the last photo. Actually I love all of today's photos. Are you in business with your photography now? Seems like you should be.

Nicki said...

These are all brilliant - the smile shot superb, but your shadow shots are noting short of perfection.

Barb said...

Hi Barbara, All your photos set a mood - the autumn ones are my favorite though that alley shot is intriguing.

Barbara said...

Many thanks Rainey, Kaili and Barb, I do try to go for atmosphere...

Laloofah and Barbara: I did think at the time, 'It's still dark, it's foggy, I'm on my own with a camera, and I'm photographing a dodgy-looking alley... maybe I shouldn't hang around for too long', so I went and hung about in the cemetery instead...(!) That door is to the church next to the National Herb Centre which we visited in, I think, June (the day that my old 50mm lens was murdered)... I did wonder why you would bother locking the door if you're going to leave the key outside...! Fiona brought two dresses with her, the green ball gown and this one which is actually Alice in Wonderland type blue. I don't think she likes photos where she's not smiling, whereas I prefer the non-smiling moody ones, hey ho! As for being in business, things are in the pipeline so watch this space.

Nicki; I'm not worthy!

Seizing My Day said...

all very lovely shots!! esp, love shadow/gate! and the squirrel and the web... lovely !

William Kendall said...

Beautiful shots, particularly the gate.

And what a cute squirrel!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...