Wednesday 10 October 2012

Out and About - The Cotswolds...

Less than an hour from where we live lie The Cotswolds, one of my favourite parts of the UK.  Yesterday we went to the village of Broadway (click here for more info and history), which is such a quintessentially perfect English village you'd think someone had made it specifically for the role of 'Tourist Attraction'.  On that note may I say that it is a very, VERY, popular tourist destination so try not to go there in the summer as you will not be able to move and will become hot, bothered and possibly violent (or is that just me?).  I would also like to add that there is an excellent tea room there called Tisanes where there are more types of tea than you can shake a stick at - if I had a tea shop I would want it to be just like this one.


Tea Room


Horses


Broadway 3


Broadway 2


Broadway


Door


Tree and Gate

4 comments:

Ellen Whyte said...

It looks like a fairytale. Purring for Posky - and you!

Sorry we were out of reach. Malaysian servers were hit by some big nasty spam traffic but our technical wizards (ok, Gilbert and Jacob in Kuching) are dealing with it. We hope ti won't happen again.

Laloofah said...

So so beautiful. You already know how I feel about the Cotswolds (it's mobbed by tourists for good reason!), and your photos really bring out its beauty. The glow of those lovely golden stones in that light is just gorgeous.

I'm insanely envious of your visit to Broadway, as well as to the fun deli and Tisanes! (I'd probably have been unable to resist my temptation to take that fun bike for a spin, and would likely have been apprehended by the local constable!) :-)

Ruth said...

You should put together a photo book ~ these are fantastic! Either that, or apply for a job with the Cotswolds Tourist Board ...

William Kendall said...

I can see why it's popular! The place looks beautiful.

I'd heard of the place off and on through the years, but I don't think I've seen pictures....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...