Tuesday 30 October 2012

Cats on Tuesday...

Well what a week we had with Posky!  He went for a blood test for his kidneys last Wednesday and the results were much worse than they had been, so on Thursday and Friday he had to go for fluid treatment (where they drip 150ml of fluid under the skin of his back).  The blood test they then did on Friday showed that his kidneys were even worse so he had to be admitted on Saturday morning and spend the weekend on an intravenous drip (although the vet was not optimistic this would help).  There was a moment of humour when I phoned on Saturday afternoon and asked how 'Posky Jackson' was - the new receptionist asked if he were a gerbil - Posky would not be pleased to be thought of as a rodent so I've kept quiet about it...

Anyway, I was allowed to bring him home first thing Monday morning, his blood test results had improved, although they still weren't 100%, and we have to be very strict diet wise with him.  He does look more comfortable than he did and was even out at the gate to meet me when I got home last night.

Here's a pic of him showing off the little dressing he had on his paw...


... and later having collapsed with exhaustion and relief on the back of the sofa.



Because of the Posky drama we haven't had much time or inclination to do anything in preparation for Halloween, the other three did however come up with these last minute accessories;

 Pepper - fetching in purple...

Mrs P - vibrant in orange...

... and Charlie.
Ever the individualist, 
Charlie chose to appear not only in black and white,
but also wearing an evil ruffle 
with something unpleasant hanging on it.


Visit Gattina's Cats on Tuesday for more cat news - and have a happy and safe Halloween x

11 comments:

Tezzie said...

Oh, poor Posky! Sure hope he feels better and gets to spend many more comfortable days on the sofa <3

And, I think that if I were a cat...I'd have a kitty crush on Charlie; such a handsome boy! :)

Barbara said...

Thanks Tezzie - purrs of appreciation from Posky. Everyone says Charlie's handsome (David also says 'he's thick as too short planks'), good job he's not big headed :O))

Karen and Gerard said...

Sure hope Posky will be okay! That is a lot of trauma for a cat to go through.

Fuzzy Tales said...

Poor sweetheart. The boys are sending purrs.

I've not been down the CRF road yet, but probably the best site on the web for info is:

http://www.felinecrf.org/

The Silver Bunny said...

I can't get over that Charlie ; I think that if he met my Lucy, who is a very old (17) rather unpleasant creature, even she could manage a smile and a flutter of her lashes. Have a very happy Halloween !

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

Sending lot of (((purrs))) to Posky !
Sure hope he will feel better soon !
LOVE the other cats last minute accessories :)

jabblog said...

Poor Posky - and what an insult to catdom to think he might be a gerbil!! The others look very smart. Are they going trick-or-treating?

Daisy said...

Oh Posky, I'm sorry you had a rough day!

Laloofah said...

Bless Posky's heart, that had to be uncomfortable and traumatic for him (and for you!) I'm so glad he's back home and hope he continues to do better and better. Give him a hug from me and tell him I think he's very, very brave!

Pepper and Mrs. P look wickedly fetching in their Halloween attire (so cute!!), while Charlie just looks wicked. :-) Your caption for his photo cracked me up! Actually, I think that's a beautiful photo of him - he really is a gorgeous boy - and that ruffle with the bat is just perfect!

William Kendall said...

Charlie shall have his revenge!

Barbara said...

Of that I have no doubt :O)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...