Tuesday 16 October 2012

Cats on Tuesday...

Another guest appearance to start off today's CoT.  We met this handsome and very friendly chap when we visited Broadway in the Cotswolds, so without further ado here is Broadway Pub Cat.


And on the home front... Mrs P graciously agreed to help me with a photo challenge for my group on Flickr.  The theme was Low Key or Low Light photography so with the aid of some small orange fairy lights we came up with these.  No use asking the others, they're either a) too flighty, or b) too unpredictable to be trusted with electricity, and anyway, Mrs P does dramatic like no other cat...

Mrs P b&w


Mrs P b&w 3


Mrs P b&w 2


Today's photographic tip to make your kitty/dog/human/skink (or insert other appropriate species) look their best... always focus on the eyes, and make sure they're sharp.  If the subject is turned so that one eye is closer to the camera than the other, focus on the eye nearest to you.

For other photogenic kitties visit Gattina's Cats on Tuesday.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I called John over to admire your photos and he drew my attention to the fact that I had Tom sitting on my mouse mat and Molly sitting on the back of his chair, which is beside my left hand! So, flanked by cats, I was enjoying a totally catty experience! Tom then walked over my keyboard, in an attempt to draw my attention to the chief cat!

What wonderful photos! And what a very nice pub cat!

Penny

Jaimie said...

I just love Mrs. P's defined brow.. love these pix :)

Deb said...

Love these photos so of course, I carried on and WOW! Love this blog. Your photos are wonderful and the Tea Shop pic is gorgeous. I would hang that in my kitchen. Look forward to following your camera...I know it will be delightful. Hugs, Deb (Ontario, Canada)

Barbara said...

Penny: What a great day to start the morning - I had Charlie collapsed at my feet as I was putting this post together. He was snoring x :O)

Jaimie - thank you x :O)

Deb - Thank you for your very kind words, I will be following your cat-sitting adventures too x

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow! Your photos are gorgeous! That pub kitty is very handsome. Also, I love your blog header photo! I'm visiting from Cats on Tuesday.
Hugs, Cindy, Buster, Rudy and Sam

Follygirl said...

Wundervolle Katzenbilder, ich liebe diese bilder!
LG, Petra

Gattina said...

That's a life for me ! I mean if ever I come back I want to be a Pub cat, what a great idea. Would also be something for Arthur !
The pictures of Mrs P are gorgeous she has eyes like a diamond !

Ellen Whyte said...

Wow! We love this and we're going to have a photoshoot this afternoon with your tips. Meow!

Laloofah said...

Broadway Pub Cat must have heard you were going to be in the area - he dressed in a tuxedo for his photo shoot! :-)

You are so right, Mrs. P does drama so well. I love the lights reflected in her eye, especially in the middle shot. She is such a beauty. And thanks for the photo tip!

William Kendall said...

Mrs. P. looks very dignified like that.

And the pub kitty looks right at home.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...