Friday 5 October 2012

Green/Journey (Nurture Photography Challenge)...


So anyway,  this is how we're dressing in England this autumn... :O) 

Musing on photographic journeys I'm amazed to look back on how far I've come since I first picked up a digital camera - I'm also constantly kicking myself for not getting the image I have in my mind onto the screen.  The thing is to keep trying, keep going, and keep learning.

A bit of a different take on autumn these - they are shots of Fiona Harrison who asked me to take some pics of her seriously fabulous 18th C style dress - the wonderful setting is the graveyard of All Saints Church, Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire (very nice coffee shop too).



8 comments:

Tezzie said...

LOL...England seems a bit behind in fashion, these days. Or, maybe it's something old coming back into style ;) Beautiful photos...I'm sure she was thrilled with the result!

Laloofah said...

I'd sure love to see the images you have in your mind that you say don't make it onto the screen, because the images on the screen don't ever look to me like they could possibly be improved upon!

Love that dress, what a great color! Really pops against the beautiful autumn woods background. Fiona is really hamming it up in the second photo - is she peering around a tree for a hidden highwayman? :-)

Barbara said...

Thanks both, maybe I just have a gloomy soul and the photos I take are always more cheerful than the ones I imagine! Great setting for those pics though yes? I think a highwayman would have been a great addition, in fact if I'd have only thought of it I could have got David to dress as Adam Ant :O)

Laloofah said...

ROTFL - David as Adam Ant, I'd PAY to see that! :-)

Barbara said...

:O)))))

Kristi Bonney said...

Oh what I'd give to photograph a woman in an 18th century dress in England. Thank goodness I'm living vicariously through you! Gorgeous dress!

Thanks for joining Rebecca and me in the Nurture Photography Challenge. We'll be moving on to a new theme on Friday: Yellow/Light. Can't wait to see your pics!

William Kendall said...

Very vivid shots, Barbara!

Cindy Adkins said...

Barbara, I love your blog and your photographs! Great job!
Cindy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...