Tuesday 2 October 2012

Cats on Tuesday (in which cats look weird)

The saga of Charlie's diabetes continues... as we were at home most of the day yesterday we borrowed a gadget from the Vet to test Charlie's glucose levels every couple of hours.  As this involved stabbing his paw with a needle then squeezing a drop of blood out it made us very unpopular with him (my thumb was bitten in the process - I'm thinking it was Charlie rather than David).  Anyway, his results for the morning were fine, but by the afternoon his levels had gone through the roof; whether this was because he was stressed or whether he was having a bad day is unknown at this time.  It looks like we'll have to do it again next week although I'm hoping we only have to repeat the afternoon tests - not sure if mine or Charlie's nerves (or my thumb) could stand up to another all-day bloodbath.

Other cat news... Posky is being BAD with regards to his food and is refusing to eat anything that is good for him.   Mrs P's ear is a lot better although her behaviour at the vets isn't.  Pepper meanwhile is thinking of advertising the other three on Ebay as she's fed up with them getting all the attention.

Here are some photos I took of the little sods angels... if you're wondering how I made them look this bizarre it's down to the distorting effects of a wide-angle lens (revenge is sweet) :O)

Posky looking odd - and slightly malevolent...

Mrs P looking scruffy - although still malevolent...

Pepper looking like the world's first vulcan cat...

...and Charlie looking like he's got a new means of self-defence.


For more kitties visit Gattina's Cats on Tuesday.

8 comments:

Tezzie said...

Hahaha! Your cat posts never fail to make me laugh...and I love your kitties; so cute, even distorted ;)

Barbara said...

Many thanks, the kitties are definitely warped.

Cezar and Léia said...

Dear Barbara,
I'm so worried about my friends there!
Oh Charlie, handsome friend, I'm thinking of you all time sending lights and I'm praying for that "diabetes" go far away there!
And please sweet Posky, you need to eat, it's good for you!And we can play in our dreams together, chasing butterflies! What do you think about it? :)
I'm sending lights, love and purrs to you all!
Luna - WE LOVE LUNA
and mammy Léia is sending a big hug to Barbara! :)

Gattina said...

Honnestly you earn a medal if you managed to take blood from a cat paw !! I think I would be in hospital by now if I would have tried that with my cats ! Of course Posky is a normal cat and only eats what is bad for him, like Pookie who loves whipped cream !
Poor Pepper probably thinks that he lives in a hosptal but he didn't loose his business spirit, instead of chasing them away he tries to sell them on Ebay ! what a cat !!

Barbara said...

Seems Pepper has been hanging around with Charlie if he's come up with the idea of selling the others on E-Bay. :D Poor Charlie; I wouldn't want anyone poking my paw several times a day either, but at least you might have learned something with the spike in the afternoon. As for Posky and Mrs. P, I think they're just being cats rather than people for a change.

Kmcblackburn said...

"Vulcan Cat"...too funny

William Kendall said...

Poor Charlie! I can imagine why he'd want to take a bite or scratch at you for that...

Laloofah said...

Poor Charlie - and I can only imagine how difficult a blood draw like that would be (on paws as well as on thumbs!) I hope Charlie's glucose level spike was an isolated fluke and that Posky gets over his finicky eating. No doubt Pepper is wondering why her siblings are being so fussed over - LOL about her listing them on Ebay! Looks to me like she's found an escape using a futuristic time travel machine and is entering a rip in the space/time continuum, starting with her ear!

Charlie using scissors as a pillow. Somehow that's so fitting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...