Thursday 18 October 2012

Nurture Photography Autumn Photo Challenge - Orange/Warmth

Nurture Photography Autumn 2012 Photo Challenge

I love the colour orange - there's something so warm and cheerful about it, plus there are so many variations of it that there's something for everyone. It ranges from the subtlest burnt orange to the most screaming-out-loud-running-from-the-room-with-your-eyes-bleeding-oh-my-god-I-shouldn't-have-worn-this-top-I-look-like-a-space-hopper pumpkin orange.  What's not to like?

Orange Squash...
I used the unedited version of this for a Scavenger Hunt
t'other week.  Here I've warmed it up and added some
contrast, plus a bit of judicious cropping.

Berries
Cobweb and berries...
This is from the Scavenger Hunt too...
taken on a misty morning in the cemetery.

Chinese lantern...
Note the difference direct sunlight can make to colours.
This was taken shooting into the sun to get that glow.

Street lamp...
A little rest for the eyes with
the welcoming glow of a sodium street lamp
on a misty autumn path...

Autumn glow...
And to finish - orange at full throttle :O)


17 comments:

jabblog said...

Glorious! The autumn sun makes everything glow.

Laloofah said...

Jabblog is right, the light spectrum in Autumn makes everything glow, it's just the best. How brilliant of Mother Nature to also make it shine on the gorgeous colors of Autumn! :-)

I'm old school - I marvel at the white pumpkins and the pink pumpkins but I will always be a fan of the orange pumpkin, and the oranger the better. (What, spellchecker doesn't think "oranger" is a word?! LOL) I could look at your squash photo and your berries and cobweb photos all day, every day (the latter is one of my all-time favorites, I'd be framing and displaying that one for sure were I you!) And I love your three new ones - that Chinese Lantern is amazing! It really looks illuminated! And what a gorgeous color. And the leafy lanes in the last two - how I long to stroll down them both! (Was the last photo taken on the same outing as your header photo?)

Barbara said...

I think it was... Batsford Arboretum is full of photo ops :0)

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

Me and mom LOVE LOVE LOVE all your autumn photos <3
Especially the one on the cobweb and berries.
My mom to LOVE the colours of the autumn

Cezar and Léia said...

Dear Barbara,
Mammy Léia and I are always enchanted by your wonderful art photography!
You are so talented!
purrs and love
Luna - WE LOVE LUNA

Rune Eide said...

Not only the colours of autumn, but the quiet and reflective too. Well done!

Pieni Lintu said...

These are all so pretty. Perfect! I just love that last one.

S said...

That last shot is great.

Skye said...

I love that street light photo! So beautiful and says a million things! :)

Gina Kleinworth said...

OH MY WORD!!!!!! The last two- INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!! WOW! Great work.

Saun said...

Gorgeous love them all especially the last two.

Vivien said...

Your work is incredible!!! I love it!

Found your blog through the photo challenge- so glad I did.

http://vivieninterrupted.blogspot.com/2012/10/nurture-photography-fall-challenge_19.html

satakieli said...

Barbara, I love these. The first one with the pumpkins ( I'm always fascinated by all of the different colours and shapes!) and then the phot with the streetlamp, what a creative idea and it turned out beautifully!

Thanks so much for taking part in the Nurture Photography Challenge!

http://www.bumblesandlight.com

Ellen Whyte said...

Love your pics. Orange is gorgeous in nature but it's hell on people. Unless you are lucky enough to be the right colour of tan - which I am not!

Barbara said...

Thanks all for your lovely kind comments.

Au and Target - I don't have any colour of tan; I have a colour of pale :O)

William Kendall said...

Beautiful shots, particularly the last one.

I had a friend in high school who had a fluorescent orange car.

Barbara said...

I misread that William and thought it send fluorescent orange cat! LOL!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...