Saturday 25 December 2010

Christmas, Cats and Cameras...

Well the new camera has been used so much today I think I have repetitive strain injury in my finger.  I'm still not sure what I'm doing with it most of the time but am having fun trying.  The cats had four little Christmas stockings with goodies in including catnip amoebas (they were meant to be catnip fish but as I made them they looked a bit  further back on the evolutionary scale than that).  I did try and get some shots of the cats with the stockings but the light was dreadful so very few were in focus.  Things were slightly more successful when I opened the little parcel my friend Sandra had sent them.  Inside were three bright mice that Pepper immediately attacked.  Anyway, here are the pics.  Hope everyone is having a lovely Christmas Day.

'Christmas - we haz it...'

Charlie through the banisters...

...and after getting his paws on the catnip amoeba

Mrs Pod...

Pepper not doing anything bad at all for a change...

...and here.  Although she was seen hitting Mrs P on the head at one point.

The three bright mice...

...one of which is about to fall victim to the curse of the claw.

Pepper kills the orange mouse...



...whilst Posky is all Christmas-ed out

14 comments:

The Chair Speaks said...

Lovely photos! We love the close-up of Mrs Pod's face! :)

Barbara said...

Thank you. That's Mrs Pod's Happy Christmas face - you should see her when she looks grumpy! :O)

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Hi graziose queste foto :))))
Povero il topo !!!!
( Ufffff.... per fortuna è finto !!!! )
Buona domenica e buone feste !
Igor e mamma.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

Your photos are AMAZING and I LOVE YOUR CATS!!

Beautiful...you captured their expressions perfectly!

My Cody is obsessed with mice and would love those! Adorable!

Anonymous said...

Your cats are so gorgeous and you photograph them so beautifully! A new camera, eh? Lovely!

I've now got a set of close-up lenses, so I'm hoping to take some nice kit-pix a la Barbara! (Though I don't expect they'll be nearly as good as yours!)

Penny

Barbara said...

Ooh great news Penny, can't wait to see them! You just need cunning, guile, nerves of steel, and a handful of cat treats to take close-ups of cats :O)))

Gattina said...

Rosie will be green of jalosy when she sees Pepper's mousies ! that's exactly her type of mouse toy ! she only plays with them !
he pictures are very nice ! I like to try out all kind of possibilities !

Mr Puddy said...

Your Photos are fabulous !
I wish you can take my photo because I'm pretty sure..I'm gonna look pawsome !!!

Unknown said...

Great pics! Love Pepper's expression, so cute and innocent.

Ellen Whyte said...

Wah what a lovely smokey look Pepper has going here!

Yoshi said...

I am a big fan of your cat photos! Our cats love to play with mice toy, too. They go crazy, I have to say.
Happy Holidays.
Yoshi

Barbara said...

Mr Puddy - you are fabulousness itself, I could not improve on you :O)
Julie - Pepper is cute, but she is also a devil in disguise!

Anonymous said...

Great shots - what kind of camera did you get?

Kay L. Davies said...

Oh, they are just lovely, all of them. And I love what you've done to the evolutionary scale. Scientists will be scratching their heads.
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...