Saturday 30 April 2011

Not the Royal Wedding News...

To escape from all things Royal and Wedding-ish, we went to the National Memorial Arboretum in Staffordshire yesterday.  There were quite a few people there obviously trying to do the same as us, but it was still empty enough to get some photos without having to dodge pedestrians.  In the afternoon I had to take Ben for his check-up only for him to be insulted by the vet who said he was 'ridiculously old'! Ben was affronted to say the least, and not pleased to learn that he has to have a dental a week on Monday.

Some of you may remember that my friend Helen and I took part in the Shakespeare Hospice Moonlit Walk last year. As I'm donating my photo for their use on a Christmas card this year, and as my sister is the Events Fundraiser for Rainbows Children's Hospice, this year we've decided to take part in Rainbow's Walk of Life. It takes place on the 22nd May and it would be great if you felt able to support us in our efforts - I have a Just Giving page set up at  http://www.justgiving.com/Barbara-Jackson0 for those I can't menace in person :O) 

At the National Memorial Arboretum

At the National Memorial Arboretum

At the National Memorial Arboretum

At the National Memorial Arboretum

At the National Memorial Arboretum

At the National Memorial Arboretum

3 comments:

jabblog said...

Sombre, serene.

Anonymous said...

How old is Ben?

Beautiful photos. All those poppies and seeing the names written on them...

Penny

Barbara said...

Penny - Ben is about ten although doesn't look it (he says). He's not too good this week, rather subdued and not eating a lot, so I'm monitoring him today and if he's the same tonight I might see if I can take him to the vets tomorrow.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...