Wednesday 6 April 2011

More cat news...

First the good news... Mrs Pod's test results came back and her protein levels are now normal! The vet is very pleased and probably very relieved that she now doesn't have to meet Pod the vet killer again for another three months or so.  Posky's blood test has been rescheduled so he doesn't have to go for another few weeks either.  Charlie looks like he is getting fatter by the day but neither David nor myself have the courage to get him on the scales in case he takes offence.

And now the not so good... Cath phoned me last night to tell me her little cat Basil had to be put to sleep.  He's the one who had most of his teeth out a few weeks ago.  He was still having trouble eating and when the vet had a look in his mouth it was so swollen poor old Basil could hardly withdraw his tongue, and the diagnosis was cancer of the jaw.  He wouldn't have lived very long anyway so Cath took the decision there and then.  Rather a shock for everyone really, and Cath will miss him terribly.  He was the most cuddly and friendly of her cats and had been her companion for 15 years ever since she rescued him as a kitten with cat flu.  Hail and farewell Basil.




8 comments:

Sérgio Pontes said...

Poor Basil =(

Kea said...

I'm so very sorry to read about Basil. What a sweetheart he seemed to be! But she made the best decision she could for him, a decision founded in love and compassion and mercy.

(((Hugs))) and Light to all who loved and are missing him!

Daisy said...

Rest in peace, Basil.

Barbara said...

Sad days. It's the most difficult decision for those of us who love animals, but the only merciful one.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

I am so glad your kitty is ok but my heart just broke when I read about Basil. I can just imagine what your friend is going through. I had my Bobo for 18 yrs when I had to let him go....it was awful. I am so sorry

Ellen Whyte said...

Poor Basil! So sad, but it sounds like he had a very nice mum and a lovely life.

Barbara said...

I told Cath about all the lovely comments about Basil - she was very touched that people were thinking about her and sends her thanks.

Anonymous said...

Poor Basil. And poor Cath. She did the right thing and ended his suffering, but I know she'll be missing him so much. He looked like such a sweet wee fellow.

Penny

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...