Tuesday 5 April 2011

Cats on Tuesday... and other stuff

Spot the hairy slugs...

Mrs P was duly taken to the vets yesterday.  We had to hold the cat carrier vertically to try and shake her out, and even then she managed to wedge herself in and had to be dragged out.  She then hurled verbal abuse at everyone and dug her claws into the side of the table refusing to move, although amazingly she didn't make a murmur when the vet inserted a needle through her abdomen to remove urine from her bladder.  No, what she took great exception too was having her ears looked at (very clean, hurrah!), and then being placed on the scales.  She's put on a little weight which the vet was very pleased about, and which Mrs P didn't give two hoots about, in fact she was so annoyed with everything at this point that she tried to shove herself behind the vet's computer monitor, possibly trying to sabotage it.

At least she got to have a rest after all this - I had to go to work.  We had a very nice young lady in for an interview, no experience but very keen to learn.  We all held our breath - would this be the one?  But no! Our boss still can't make his mind up.  I finally escaped to go the hairdressers only to find her floating about on a sea of painkillers as she is suffering from sciatica.  I let her cut my hair anyway, it seems to be ok although I've not yet washed it so may find a few strange bits then.  Maybe I should have just asked for some of whatever she was on....

For more cats visit Cats on Tuesday.

10 comments:

BooksPlease said...

Aaah! Poor cats, poor vet, poor hairdresser and poor you ... hope today is better.

Cezar and Léia said...

Oh gosh dear friends, that TORTURE DAY there!
I'm sending love and good energies for my sweet friends, yesterday you had lots of adventures now you are deserve a good nap.
purrs
Luna - WE LOVE LUNA

jabblog said...

I think everyone deserves a good rest today:-)

Kea said...

We're glad it went uh, well, with Mrs. P. That her ears are clean! The mom knows all about having to drag us out of the carrier, but now that she has top-loading ones we're sunk. She just opens the top and picks us up that way. :-P

-Nicki and Derry at Fuzzy Tales

Unknown said...

One time our vet tech had to unscrew the carrier to get one of the cats out lol. What an adventure, hope the napping helped.

Gattina said...

Cats at the vets, what a nightmare ! It's a miracle that you were be able to work after that, I usually get a nervous breakdown and collapse on the sofa, while the cat freed from the cage disappears and is deadly offended. And for that you even have to pay !

wildcatwoods said...

The top of our carrier come off - good thing too or we would never get some of them out! Wishing you a better day!

Cats of Wildcat Woods

Barbara said...

Your cats look like I feel today. It's snowing again, on April 5th! I didn't have to take cats to the vet but I did have a dentist appt. and he tells me one of my crowns has to be replaced. There goes our budget again! :<(

Daisy said...

Mrs. P, you are brave! I usually curl up into a small ball and pretend to be invisible at the vet's.

Barbara said...

Thanks all for the comments!
Barbara - OUCH! My heartfelt sympathies about the dentist.
Daisy - Mrs P turns into Psycho Kitty at the vets and makes the vet wish she were invisible!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...