Saturday 9 April 2011

Booking through Thursday...


Just discovered this meme at Booking Through Thursday, and yes I know it's Saturday but what the heck.
This week's question is: 'So... the books that you own (however many there may be)... do you display them proudly right there in plain sight for all the world to see?  (At least the world that comes into your living room), or do you keep them tucked away in your office or bedroom or library or closet or someplace less "public"?'

My books are a part of me and who I am, my house would not be a home without them, so they're pretty much in every room I use.  I can't understand people who don't like having them in the house (one woman I knew wouldn't let her daughter keep books in the house as they looked untidy), to me it's like being surrounded by old friends.


4 comments:

BooksPlease said...

As you know I too have books everywhere. I was saddened (but not really surprised) when we were house hunting that so many people have so few books on display. One of our requirements for a house is space for books - lots of them. I have books from all periods in my life and some that belonged to my parents and sister as well - definitely old friends and family too.

jabblog said...

Books (and plants) make a home. I find rooms without books bare and quite unwelcoming and probably quite dust-free;-)

Anonymous said...

Well, you know what I feel about books on display! Essential!!! We've moved a few times, but always rejected houses if they hadn't enough room for our books...

My mother kept all her books in the hall cupboard when I was a child! Lovely to see some of yours. More, please?

Penny

Barbara said...

Where would we be without our books? Apart from dust-free that is :O)) Penny - I will try and take some more book pics!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...