Monday 7 June 2010

We did it!

Helen and I completed the Moonlit walk on Saturday night in 1 hour 50 minutes and had a great time doing it.  The atmosphere was wonderful with people in the streets cheering the walkers on.  About 400 ladies took part, and 3 dogs did it as well, I saw one wearing his medal at the end!  Helen had done a 7 mile run in the morning and then went swimming 8a.m. Sunday morning - I'm not sure if she's insane or just Wonder Woman!    It has to be said the breakfast after the walk left something to be desired, I had a remarkably wizened veggie sausage that was fished out from somewhere below a counter in a hot dog roll.  Still - it was a great night anyway.  We hope to do it again next year, and this time Helen wants us to take supplies of chocolate to eat en-route - not sure if my stomach could take a bar of Cadbury's on top of aerobic exercise, but what the heck.  I didn't have my camera with me (too heavy), but managed a few dodgy shots on my phone before the walk began.  Helen says she particularly likes the one of the back of her head as it makes her hair-do look glam!


Helen with fab feather boa


Helen with fab hair-do.  I was trying to get a picture of the black dog in the background!  Where is a DSLR with 200mm zoom lens when you need one?

One of the dogs that took part with his 'team'


I loved the rabbit ears and the fairy wings


My first medal!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...