Monday 24 January 2011

Meet Me on Monday...


Yes it's Monday again - I can't believe it!  First of all apologies to anyone who read that I was moving my blog elsewhere, for various reasons I've had to shelve the idea so please don't abandon me!  Anyway here we go...

1.  What is your favourite kind of fudge?
I don't actually like fudge!  I find it too sweet (my friend Cath loves it, I think her favourite is banana flavoured).  Now if it were chocolate... now we're talking!  It has to be dark chocolate, and my favourite is called Celtic Free From Luxury Chocolate...  Mmmmmmmmm!  





2.  Is there snow outside your window?
The very short answer to that is no.  The forecast for today is a cloudy, chilly day with brisk north-westerly winds, and then rain/drizzle for most of the week.  I'll be at work so don't care anyway! I'm not one of those people who moans about the weather, although it seems to be a national pastime in England. I think it stems from when my Mum was terminally ill, all she wanted to do was come home and be able to sit outside in her garden one last time, and she never got to do it.  Now I'm just grateful I can go out in whatever weather every day. And I like the rain anyway! :O)

3.  What is your favourite meal of the day?
Hmmmm, tough one that, probably breakfast, especially if it involves mushrooms on toast.  I just love mushrooms on toast...




4.  Do you text on your mobile phone?
Yes! I do it a lot, much more than I make calls.  I'm usually in touch with at least one of my friends by text every day.  The music I have on my phone to alert me to a text message is Bach's Toccata and Fugue. (I love Bach almost as much as I love chocolate, and mushrooms on toast).


My phone - the front screen tells me the time and what the weather is like
- it doesn't always get it right... We had brilliant sunshine on Friday
and it predicted fog! :O)


5.  Waffles or pancakes?
Well, waffles aren't really that common over here, and I think pancakes probably mean something different to me than it would to anyone in the USA.  I don't have a sweet tooth and I much prefer toast anyway.  Especially if it's crusty, home made bread.  And now I'm hungry...




We celebrate pancake day (see above image) in England on Shrove Tuesday (the day before the start of Lent), which is March 8th this year because Easter is so ridiculously late that it comes a week before the May Day Bank Holiday!!!!  Will someone please standardise it before we're eating Easter Eggs in June?

(All images courtesy of Google)

8 comments:

Kate Campbell said...

I love your story about your mum teaching you to see that you are just lucky to get outside no matter the weather. Very heartfelt and sweet.

Karen and Gerard said...

We are in Cleveland and have lots of snow. Florida sounds good to me right now! We never text and I pretty much like all kinds of fudge and breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. Hope you will stop by to see our answers from last week's MMOM that we posted for this week.

http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com

Jo-anne Blossy said...

I love the idea of mushrooms on toast. I'll have to put mushrooms on the shopping list :)
Have a great week!

jabblog said...

I agree with you about Easter! I have been saying for years that it shouldn't be a moveable feast (I don't complain so much now that I'm no longer teaching, though!)

Laloofah said...

I second what Kat said about the lesson you learned from your mother, and found that very touching.

Mushrooms on toast! That sounds great, I must try that! I love mushrooms, and like you I don't have a sweet tooth - especially in the mornings.

We don't even have a May Day holiday for Easter to bump up against, yet the absurdity of its lateness had also been duly noted at our house.

So you've completely scrapped your plans to move your blog? I've stopped following your two new blogs and will just keep following this one, just want to make sure that's the right and proper thing to do. :-)

Empty Nester said...

Every Sunday morning Hubs and I watch Sunday Morning on CBS television station. Yesterday there was a talented pianist named Simone Dinnerstein who adores Bach, to put it mildly...apparently she was quite influenced by Glenn Gould's interpretations of Bach. Now she has produced her own. If you are not familiar with her, she's worth a listen.

Ellen Whyte said...

I'm glad you're not moving to typepad; I always having problems with those pages. Mushrooms on toast... YUM!

Barbara said...

Yes the blog is staying put here - please scrap the new sites, and again, apologies. Thanks for your patience. And I will check out Simone Dinnerstein on Amazon - thanks for the tip!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...