Wednesday 5 January 2011

Black and White Wednesday and The Thursday Challenge

Wanting to get some photos of the last of the Christmas lights I set out with my minder (David - who was worried that someone might mug me for my camera.  Note the concern was for the camera, not the person being mugged...!).  This tree is decorated in Burbage every year, and just before Christmas they have a carol concert around it.  The lights on it have lovely colours, but because I'm perverse, and also on something of a monotone kick right now, I prefer the black and white.

You can see the original colour version here  


We then did a quick detour via Hinckley so I could get some pictures of the High Street at night.  you can tell hideous sixties architecture at a glance can't you?  Do you see that second row of lights across the road?  Well that building on the left is where I work.  It was originally a house and used to be owned by a nineteenth century author called Charlotte Brame who was apparently the Barbara Cartland of her day.  Trivial fact of the day!

More Lights images can be seen at The Thursday Challenge

11 comments:

Wanda said...

Lovely. You should frame them so you can have a little Christmas with you all year.

Kayce said...

These are just beautiful!

Unknown said...

I love them both - beautiful pictures to recapture the special moments you shared at Christmas time!

Blessings,
Jill
http://fnaphotography.blogspot.com

The Chair Speaks said...

Lovely even in black and white!

Ashley Sisk said...

I love all the twinkly lights!

Joni said...

great bw photos. that second one is perfect. makes me miss christmas.

Anonymous said...

lovely images!
thank you for stopping by my blog!

Lexi said...

Love these night shots! So pretty! Great in B&W.

jabblog said...

Lovely images! I prefer the monochrome tree to the colourful one. Glad the camera and the camera-operator got home safely.
I love your header - fascinating!

Ellen Whyte said...

Lovely! And no blurring from the lights either.

Nuvofelt said...

Stunning photos

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...