Tuesday 30 November 2010

Buddha in the Snow...

Feeling badly in need of some peace and tranquility today I went to visit my garden Buddha.  I have to say he was looking remarkably serene considering he had a blanket of snow in his lap.  He must have had some guiding influence over my camera (which has been misbehaving recently but now seems to have sorted its life out) as I was really pleased with the way this photo turned out - my first venture into shooting in RAW - I will definitely be trying it again.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

He does serenity well, doesn't he?

Shooting in RAW, eh? I'm impressed! I'm swithering about taking the OU digital photography course next year...

Penny

The Chair Speaks said...

We love this photo and yes, it looks serene.

Barbara said...

Penny - I loved T189, learnt so much from it and met some great people, wish they'd do a follow on to it.

Yoshi said...

Hi Barbara,
Thanks for commenting on my blog. I always shoot in RAW since I don't have to worry about white balance while shooting, it occupies quite a lot of space in my computer though!
We have a lot of Buddha statues (big, small, old, new and everything in between) in my area! I like your Buddha. Great shot.

Gattina said...

Very good and artistic shot !

Francisca said...

Wonderful photo, Barbara. We have a number of Buddha carvings in our home... and they sure are serene.

jabblog said...

It's difficult to rub his tummy when it's covered in snow. Lovely photo, though - how nice to have your own Buddha.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...