Sunday 21 August 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday...





Busy, busy week... has everyone signed the petition to help the cats in Ireland? Please, please do so if you haven't already.  If you want a reason to do it then look at poor little Lorcan's photo (the link to the petition is at the bottom of that page, it only take seconds to sign) - more cats like him are relying on us so please do something to help them today. Thanks.

On to the Scavenger hunt! I admit that this was a quickly cobbled together affair that I did this morning, with Charlie as chief critic and paw-master at my side.  I'm not happy with the 'Dotted Line' photo, and had to grab the 'Geometry' one from the archives, but heigh-ho (and I should probably add 'nonny-nonny' there as I'm off to a talk about Jacobean writers at the RSC this morning, hence the rush!).

Window at Stoneleigh
Geometry...
Geometric window design at Stoneleigh...
I think I was there because of something to do with cars
that David wanted to go to.  Probably why I ended up
taking photos of windows!!

Brushstrokes...
This is my dandelion photo from Friday
given a pastel painterly treatment...

Cobweb in the rain
Hanging by a Thread...
Cobweb in the rain
(with my acers in the background,
providing the colour.
I love Japanese Maples and now have 
five as I got a new one yesterday :O))

Collage
Collage...
Same photo as background,
with three more 'rainy day in the garden pics' on top.
I love the rain too.

On the Dotted Line...
Rubbish photo, I think the only
thing I like about it is the hint
of pink in the sky as the sun comes up.
Charlie says it would look better if he were in it.

24 comments:

Stasha said...

You always make me miss England. Those rain shots are amazing. Lovely set Barbara.

Sara said...

Fantastic set, geometry is so cool, and thread and collage are just beautiful, love the colours you captured in the background too.

leanne can blog said...

These are great photos! Love your geometric window.

Rosie Nixon Fluerty said...

I love that window Barbara and the web with the rain droplets.

OK you gotta tell me what acers you have - I love them too. I've got acer griseum with its peeling bark, orange dream and 2 red leaf dissectum's. I had a red coral bark one until the winter killed it 2 years ago.

Rosie

Desirae R said...

Love your geomtry picture. Great set this week :)

Desirae R

Tamar SB said...

Your hanging by a thread is just amazing! Love the brushstrokes too!!

4 Lettre Words said...

Lovely collection, Barbara! Those "threads" are really wonderful.

Bree said...

Wow love the garden photos. You're amazing. I would never of saw the spiderweb with water drops. Love it! The one below it is awesome too. Love the mixture of colors with water drops.

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous spiderweb!

Kmcblackburn said...

I am a real novice photographer and my photo bucket list includes finding a shooting a beautiful web like you have here. The dew drops add such interest to it...bravo! And I am so happy you chose to pull that geography photo from your archive because it is BRILLIANT!!!! I know you think this is a "rubbish" week (I think that is how you put it! haha). But that is not the perspective from my end...I hope you don't mind but I am going to start following your blog.

Kathy

www.youllshootyoureyeout-kathy.blogspot.com

Barbara said...

Kathy - your photos are far from novice, they are stunning. Thanks for following!

Anonymous said...

love the droplets on the web

Lori said...

I love the set! On the dotted is great photo! Look at your photo again, your on the dotted line is on an old dotted line. That's what I saw, I love it!
New follower!

Lori

Valeria said...

I do work like you, all shots one time. It seems like when your brain engages, the ideas start to appear.
I love Geometry, the lights position with the reflection is wonderful. Plus the pop of color from the circles.
Hanging by a thread looks like a crystal necklace, so bright, colorful, sharp. I love it.
You did a wonderful work

Rune Eide said...

That was absolutely a bit of this an that - I bet you spent more that just five minutes on this one.. BTW, the first one wins with me.

Ashley Sisk said...

Really great work this week - I'm loving your geometry shot!

Michelle said...

Your geometry shot is so striking. And of course the spider web and collage shots are beautiful as well. I look forward to seeing your scavenger hunt photographs each week!

Kay Rhodes said...

Great shots...I especially love the raindrops on the spiderweb...

Cedar said...

Wow! The collage is fantastic! I love, love your geometry shot!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! If I had to choose a favourite, it would be the collage, but the web on its own is great too... Oh, well, just as well I DON'T have to choose but can enjoy them all! You both inspire me and depress me!

Penny

Laloofah said...

Even your "cobbled together" posts are absolutely fantastic. Every one of these is a brilliant interpretation of this especially challenging challenge! "Geometry" is just perfect (I'd have gone as far back in the archives as necessary for that photo, even if I had to removed it from the little paper corners in an old photo album and scan it!) :-) The dandelion looks like a painting on canvas, and I've loved that photo every which way you've presented it. I LOVE "Hanging by a Thread" - beautiful AND perfect! That one is tied for my favorite with the gorgeous collage, and I am so happy to hear you have even more Japanese maples! (Not only because I love them too and you deserve them, but because it'll mean even more photos of them for the rest of us!) "On the Dotted Line" is so clever, I don't think it's rubbish at all. Though I do agree with Sir Charles that it would look better if he were in it. But then, that's true of nearly everything. :-)

kewkew said...

Love your interpretations this week. I love the geometry shot and the web is gorgeous. I really do like your dotted line shot. Much nicer street than I would find around here.

Barbara said...

I think the best photo I ever took was an early morning picture of a cobweb sparkling with dew as we were canoeing in Canada. Wish I had time to look for it - will find it one day and post it.

Lauren said...

Beautiful hanging by a thread and collage photos! I just love those colors, and mixed with the raindrops? Wonderful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...