Thank crunchy it's Friday... such a busy week at work, and I've been so tired I could slap someone. Charlie must have felt the same as he tried to slap David last night, David was not impressed and rebuked Charlie, who promptly had a strop. Today I'm at work until lunchtime then it's off to the vets with Mrs P for her blood test. I am not looking forward to this. This morning I was trying to play catch-up with the blogs I follow and was chuffed to bits to discover that I've been given an award over at Laloofah's Mehitable Days. Her blog is great, wonderful recipes, gorgeous pics of animals and a sense of humour that always brightens my day.
Apparently I have to
grovel link back to the giver of this (see above), then tell you seven random things about myself, and choose fifteen recently discovered blogs to pass it on to.
1. As a child I was terrified of Santa. I wouldn't go near him and hated the thought of him being in my bedroom. Every Christmas Eve I used to get into bed with my sister Cathy, and usually managed to be ill. One year I threw up in her bed. She must have really hated me.
2. I went to a yoga class for the first time last night.
3. It drives me nuts that I am the only one out of my friends who drives a car. I tell a lie, Debbie can drive, but she has narcolepsy so that doesn't help much.
4. I once had to play Hamlet when studying for my BA.
5. I rarely watch TV, and when I do I refuse point-blank to watch any kind of reality TV programmes like Big Brother, Strictly Come Dancing, I'm a Moron Get Me Out of Here, or any of the other dross that's regularly served up. The only thing I've watched on TV this week was Prof Brian Cox's Wonders of the Universe. Great bloke, fab programme.
6. I joined Twitter because I take part in The Daily Shoot and that's where you have to post a link to your photo. Three of the people I follow are Stephen Fry, the Dalai Lama and Prof Brian Cox. Eclectic taste or what?
7. I love going to the theatre but I can't stand musicals. My favourite plays are Hamlet and Antony and Cleopatra.
I can't remember which blogs I've recently discovered so instead I'll pick fifteen of my faves (and don't forget Laloofah's of course). Just thought I'd add, to the recipients below, please don't feel you have to post about this or carry it on if you don't want to. It's just recognition and appreciation from me to you, because I love your blogs.