Saturday 7 June 2014

Long time no post...

Once again time has flown by and I've no idea where or how.  I've been busy with photography (of course!), having a birthday, taking various cats to vets, working, going on a photography workshop with Stuart Wood (check out his website and drool over his pics), and generally not keeping this blog up to date.

I'm linking this up with Kathy's (You'll Shoot Your Eye Out) Songography as this week's song is 'Chicken Fried' which is about the little things that make you happy, and these are all people, places, things or moments that have made me grin with glee over the last month or so.

IMG_2511
Shooting with Honey Malone on a gorgeous day in Bradgate Park, Leics,...

IMG_2600
... and Violet Leys and my bicycle in Stratford upon Avon, Warks.

A visit to Calke Abbey in Derbyshire...

Birthday Buddha...
A new Buddha for my garden...

IMG_1726 
My cats...

IMG_3422
Photography workshop...

My pic is on a book cover :-) 
The publication of a book that I shot the cover for 
(and also some of the pics inside)...

... and finally

...planting some pumpkins and watching them grow :-)
(I know this is a squash not a pumpkin - call it artistic license).



16 comments:

William Kendall said...

Beautiful shots, Barbara. Are the cats still demanding you cater to their every whim?

Barbara said...

Of course William, it's one of the few constants in the universe (along with the speed of light) :-)

lorik said...

Your photography is stunning! My favourites are the girl with the bike in that gorgeous dress and your cat:)
I was a bit confused about the theme of song-igraphy - thought it was "Proud" - will get it right one day!

lorik said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lorik said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Barbara said...

Thanks Iorik x I think 'Proud' is next week's theme so you're ahead of everyone for next Sunday :-)

Barbara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicki said...

These are amazing and 'yeah' on getting your photography used for the cover (and some inside) on the book - but no surprise, your photography is outstanding.

Tamar SB said...

Oh my goodness, these are amazing!!

Jackie McGuinness said...

Absolutely love the girl with the bike!

Kmcblackburn said...

Well howdy there stranger! I can certainly see why you've been preocupied! All fantastic, but seriously?!? A book cover?!? KUDOS to you :). Thanks for joining in at Song-ography.

Ida said...

I always love it when I see your posts in my e-mail because I know I'm in for a real treat. Loved the shot of the Lady and the Bicycle and of course your cat. You do such awesome cat photography. I do hope your kitties are all well now as you mentioned trips to the Vet.
Super cool on the Book cover, that is just awesome.

Barbara said...

Thanks all - nice to be back in blogland :-)

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Wow, I think of myself as busy, but you are really putting in the time ... and reaping the rewards. Great photogaphy, Barbara and congrats on getting your pictures published, especially on the cover. The girl on the bike ... she isn't going to try to ride it in those high heels, I hope :) Great post ...

Andrea @ From The Sol

Carol Blackburn said...

Congrats on the cover and other pics.

Molly said...

These are all so beautiful. I LOVE her spotty red dress. So cool

Mollyxxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...