Monday 4 June 2012

Not the Sunday Scavenger Hunt pictures...

In case it had slipped the attention of anyone - the UK has been up to its ears in the Queen's Diamond Jubilee this weekend.  Like a lot of other people I didn't do anything Jubilee-connected (I went to take some photos in the rain instead).

Sound advice for Bank Holidays...

Have to say there's a distinct lack of imagination
on the brolly front here...

Empty rides at the fair...

Carousel in patriotic mood...

... and again with the RSC in the background

Swan and cygnets
and finally...
some cygnets looking disgustingly cute...

Cygnets
... Who needs the River Avon when you have your very own puddle?

8 comments:

Ellen Whyte said...

Brrr it looks so cold! Love the pic of those cygnets in the puddle!

Rune Eide said...

NOT - the ugly ducklings :-)
And I look forward to the weather you are sending to us - get it this evening ...

Laloofah said...

It's a shame your beautiful weather couldn't have held for the holiday weekend and celebrations, but your rainy photos are lovely! I'm sure your brolly stood out from that banal umbrella crowd in spectacular fashion - I'd think in a place with as much rain as the UK, there would be many unusual, colorfully expressive umbrellas! I love how shiny and reflective that wet sidewalk is. And the carousel is quite something (makes up for all those somber black brollies, lol). I'd love to go for a spin in that royal looking carousel carriage and practice my Queenly Wave! :-)

The wonderful swans, it goes without saying, win Best of Post. Those cygnets in their own private puddle are too adorable for words!

Kmcblackburn said...

Oh my goodness...that huddle of cynets is fabulous. But I'm finding that swing ride with just the raindrops riding it is quite fabulous too!

Gattina said...

Beautiful and colorful pictures ! I lay the whole afternoon on the sofa and watched the Jubilee Pageant on the Thames ! I even took pictures as if I was there. What a pity that it rained it was so beautiful !

Barbara said...

The cygnets look as though they've just gotten punk haircuts. So cute!

Studyjunkie said...

Very good. Rain stopped play here too. Call ourselves British? ;)

Barbara said...

I was there! I might have been the only one, but I was there! :O)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...