Monday 30 December 2013

The Year in Photos...

Another new year is almost upon us - and didn't the last one just fly by?  A time to take stock of what worked for me, what didn't, and decide upon a plan for the coming twelve months.  I'm thankful and pleased that I achieved more with my photography than in any other year, and met some great people through it.  I'm thrilled to bits that I could help my favourite local animal charity with the aid of my camera, and excited about doing more and progressing further with my photographic dabbling in 2014. 

I'm more thankful than a thankful thing that I found a Doctor who believes that acupuncture and chinese herbal medicines are better for the body than filling it full of prescription drugs.  I can't express how grateful I am for that. I'm happy that Ralph has moved in with us and doesn't have to be out in all weathers, just trying to survive.  He's a little star, as are my other three feline models of course.  Some friendships have ended this year, which is ok, things change and none of us stay the same.  Some friendships started, and I'm so glad to have met Corrie and her camera.

This seems to be turning into some sort of Oscar acceptance speech so I'll try and nip it in the bud - just a brief mention to David.  Thanks for the support, the fun (when you're not trying to out-curmudgeon Charlie), and for the Canon 6D!

So anyway, this is meant to be a review of the year in pics, so without further ado...

January...
A trip to Batsford and some
nifty post-editing to create a sunset...

... plus a winter wonderland at Bradgate Park.

February...
Signs of life renewed...

... but also of decay,
which is pretty much how I felt 
physically this month!

March...
'Be a light unto yourself';
realising that
Buddhism makes more sense to me
than any other philosophy...


April...
Fun in Brighton learning
how to be a pet photographer...


... and just loving being by the sea.


May...
Getting mad at dandelions.
We had to do this over and over and over again!

June... 
Mrs P finds sunshine in the hall...

 
...I find enough
courage to get close to some
rather lively horses...

... and Violet risks life and limb
standing on the wing of a plane
in platform shoes!


July...
That's when it got hot,
damn hot...


... our lovely models
Eva and Lizzie kept their cool
in some pretty dresses by Sally Sweetlove.

August...
August brought more dogs
than you could shake a stick at.
My photography pal Corrie and I
started taking pics for the local animal rescue,
Leicester and Leicestershire Animal Aid,
at their dog shows.
Hard work but great fun, and we
raised over £300 for them!


...and it also brought another shoot with the fab Lizzie.


September...
Land girls, planes...


...and ubiquitous hay bale shots.


October...
Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness
at Calke Abbey...


...then a new camera to shoot
wood nymphs...

... and highway women.



November...
A new addition to our felines,
as Ralph the young stray cat decided
to move in...

... plus shooting a Christening...

...and snapping
Cath at the Christmas Tree Festival.

December...
This saw our launch of Air-Time.
A chance for a retro make-over, 
and for some fab photos with 
vintage aircraft.

Of course it also meant Christmas,
so some seasonal decoration pics appeared...


... as well as night shots of Christmas lights.

Plus Christmas calls for nice poses from
cats who are old hands at this modelling lark...



... and others who are novices,
but learning fast :-)


Thanks for all who have commented and stuck around for my ramblings this year - we hope you all have a peaceful,  healthy and happy 2014 xx




6 comments:

Barbara said...

Thanks for the review of the year's wonderful photos. Happy New Year to you and David and the four legged residents of your household. Also to my favorite of your human models: Cath!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for letting me look back to some beautiful times in the year. I hope that 2014 will be healthy, happy, peaceful and successful to you an DJ (not to forget the felines)

Lisa Gordon said...

How wonderful these are, and it was so much fun to look back.

Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

Karen and Gerard said...

What a wonderful wrap-up post for the year! I love seeing your great photos and think being an animal photographer would be lots of fun! I enjoy taking photos of our pets. Oh, and welcome Ralph! He's a great addition!

Barbara said...

Thank you :-)

William Kendall said...

Amazing shots all around, Barbara!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...