Friday 14 January 2011

The Daily Shoot (and phones that are too clever...)

The Daily Shoot - illustrate one of the meanings of the word 'Tag'.  In this case it's Posky's i.d. tag.

Posky's motto - Trust no-one and keep your paw on your collar...

Only the second week back at work and I'm ready for another holiday! On Wednesday I had a half day's holiday and met two friends for lunch (one of whom has started suffering panic attacks for no apparent reason and one who is leaving her husband. Made my dilemma about which mobile phone to get seem a bit trivial...). I then went to upgrade my mobile and see if I could get a cheaper contract than the one I'm on (I did, although it took an hour in the shop during which time I was standing cross legged as I soooo wanted to go the loo). The only trouble is I am know the owner of an HTC Desire, a phone that is far too clever for its own good and has more settings and options on it than my first computer (and probably my current computer). Does anyone else have one, and more to the point have you figured out how the hell to use it? I have managed to take a photo on it (it was Charlie looking even grumpier than usual), but have no idea as yet how to actually download it. Watch this space...

The other thing of note regarding phones is that my old one (I loved that phone) is now in the hands of David, who within 24 hours of taking possession of it managed to accidentally delete my favourite ringtone (the Dr Who theme played by full orchestra), and the best message alert ever (Stephen Fry saying 'Answer me damn you, will you answer me!'). He feels shame...

5 comments:

Ellen Whyte said...

I like the advice from your cat. Excellent!

jabblog said...

Wise Posky!
I have a very old mobile phone that used to be Barry's and it suits me fine - no bells and whistles, just bog standard. Everyone else in my family - and their friends - has a fancy-schmancy all singing and dancing contraption. I think one (!) of Barry's is an HTC and I always press the wrong button if I have to answer it.

The Chair Speaks said...

Our human doesn't even know how to transfer the much loved Pink Panther theme from the 'expired' old mobile phone to the present one that does only the basics - calls and messages and nothing else.
Love Posky's picture.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

wonderful photo and I love this definition of "tag"

I have a sprint reclaim phone...not the best...I am not a technological wizard either and it takes me quite some time to learn a new phone!

Prettypics123 said...

Thanks for coming by and leaving comments at Levonne's Pretty Pics. Much appreciated!

I like the creativity of your blog. I enjoy your color photos most.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...